Former Apprentice contestant Summer Zervos dropped her defamation lawsuit Friday against former President Donald Trump, which she filed after he denied her allegations that he sexually assaulted her, according to multiple reports.
Zervos’ attorneys did not give a reason as to why she decided to end the lawsuit, but said she “no longer wishes to litigate” and “stands by the allegations in her complaint,” according to CNN.
Her attorneys said Zervos is able to “speak freely about her experience” and has “accepted no compensation” from Trump.
The court filing said both Trump and Zervos agreed to not move forward with the case.
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Zervos accused Trump of having groped her in 2007. Zervos sued Trump for defamation in New York Supreme Court in 2017 after he denied her allegations and accused her of lying about it. Last month, Trump’s lawyer Alina Habba submitted a request to the court to allow Trump to countersue Zervos claiming she was stopping his freedom of speech. A judge had ordered Trump to be deposed in the case by Dec. 23.
Zervos was a contestant on Apprentice Season 5, losing to Sean Yazbeck, who was hired by Trump. She was “fired” from the show in the first week.
Trump aims to countersue sex assault accuser who sued him (Associated Press)
Judge says Trump can be deposed in former ‘Apprentice’ contestant’s lawsuit (Reuters)