India 74th Republic Day: Today we all Indians are celebrating 74th Republic Day. Every year on January 26, on the occasion of Republic Day, programs are organized at different places. The Constitution of our country was implemented on 26 January 1950. On this day the country had adopted its constitution and our beloved country India was established as a republic. All Indians celebrate this day with great grandeur and enthusiasm. Like every year, this time also the country will be addressed by the President on the path of duty. President Draupadi Murmu Along with the address, different units of the army will take out the parade. During this, cultural tableaux of different states of the country will also be seen. Today we are going to tell you some interesting stories related to Republic Day.
- In the year 1949, on 26 November, the Constituent Assembly adopted the Constitution of India.
- In the year 1950, on 26 January, the constitution of the country came into force.
- On 26 January 1950, the then President of Indonesia, Dr. Sukarno attended the first parade as the chief guest.
- The first Republic Day parade of independent India was held in the year 1950 at Irwin Amphitheater (Major Dhyanchand Stadium).
- About three thousand Indian Army personnel and more than 100 aircraft participated in the first Republic Day.
- The first parade on Rajpath (Duty Path) was held in the year 1955. In which the Governor General of Pakistan Malik Ghulam Muhammad attended as the chief guest.
- With 444 articles divided into 22 parts, 12 schedules and 118 amendments, the Indian Constitution is by far the longest in the world.
- Dr BR Ambedkar headed the drafting committee of the constitution.
- The first session of the Constituent Assembly of India was held on 9 December 1946.
- The venues for the Republic Day parade from 1950–1954 were Red Fort, National Stadium, Kingsway and Ramlila Maidan. After this, Rajpath was chosen as the venue in the year 1955 itself.
Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI