Basant Panchami 2023, Goddess Saraswati Special Things: Every year on the fifth day of Shukla Paksha of Magha month, Saraswati Puja is celebrated. Especially this day is the birth anniversary of Goddess Saraswati.
This year the festival of Saraswati Puja or Basant Panchami is on Thursday 26 January 2023. On this day Vagvadini, Sharda, Shatrupa, Veenapani, Vageshwari, Bharti, Buddhipradayini Devi Saraswati will be worshiped in homes, temples, puja pandals and schools and colleges. Goddess Saraswati has also been called Shukla Varna, White Vastra Dharini, Veenavadanatpara and White Padmasana. All the names of Maa Saraswati, all these have been received by her from her own form and characteristics.
How is the form of Goddess Saraswati
Goddess Saraswati has one face and four hands. Maa is holding Veena in one hand, garland in one hand, book in one hand and blessing in one hand. The goddess sits on a lotus wearing white clothes. His vehicle is swan. That’s why they are also called Hanswahini. It is important to worship Goddess Saraswati first in any educational work.
5 characteristics of Goddess Saraswati’s form according to religious texts
- In the Vishnudharmottara Purana, the Vagdevi form of Goddess Saraswati is said to be equipped with four arms and ornaments.
- According to Brahmin texts, Goddess Saraswati is the representation of Brahmaswarupa, Kamdhenu and all the gods. By his grace, all the creatures of the world get Buddha and knowledge.
- In Skanda Purana, it has been told about the characteristics of the form of Goddess Saraswati that, she is decorated on the seat of lotus, wearing a half moon on her forehead.
- It is a religious belief that Goddess Saraswati resides on the human tongue in an invisible and very subtle form. It is said that when Goddess Saraswati resides on the tongue, the words spoken during that time become true.
- Because of her vehicle being a swan, she is also called Hansvahini. However, at some places Goddess Saraswati has been shown riding a peacock.
read this also: Mustard becoming gross ..when Amir Khusro wore Basanti Chola, know the 800-year-old tradition of celebrating Basant Panchami of Muslims
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before implementing any information or belief, consult the relevant expert.