A new research suggests that eating food items like biscuits, cakes, burgers delays digestion, due to which obesity or weight can increase rapidly. Scientists said that junk food works to reduce the capacity to control appetite and creates hindrance in brain functions. In a study done in mice, it was found that cells called astrocytes control a chemical pathway in the intestine. However, frequent consumption of fatty and sweet products hinders this.
According to the Independent’s report, lead writer Dr. Kirsten Browning of Penn State University in the US said that we found that high fat and calorie food has the most effect on astrocytes. Over time, astrocytes appear to become desensitized to a high-fat diet. Astrocytes fail to respond after about 10-14 days after eating a high fat and calorie diet. Not only this, the brain’s capacity to control calorie intake is also affected.
Overweight and obesity cause many problems
Nearly 2 in 3 adults and a third of children in the UK are overweight and obese. Overweight and obesity can increase the risk of heart disease and type-2 diabetes. When junk food is eaten, astrocytes initially respond – releasing a chemical called gliotransmitter. When astrocytes are inhibited, the cascade is also inhibited. Deficiency in signaling chemicals leads to delayed digestion, as the stomach does not fill properly and remains empty.
According to the study published in The Journal of Physiology, Dr Browning said that we have yet to know whether the loss of astrocyte activity and signaling mechanisms is the cause of overeating or it happens in response to overeating? We also have to find out whether it is possible to reactivate the lost capacity of the brain to control excess calories. If so, it may help restore calorie regulation in humans.
Disclaimer: Take the methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before implementing any such treatment/medicine/diet and suggestion, please consult a doctor or related expert.
Read also: ‘Deodorant’ became poison! When the girl sprinkled herself, she died of a heart attack, now the parents warned
Source by [author_name]