Air conditioner : In the case of air conditioning, the term “ton” refers to the air conditioning unit’s capacity to cool a room or hall. Think of it in this way that the more tonnage the AC has, the bigger the area it can cool. 1 ton AC means it will cool your room as much as 1 ton of ice, while 2 ton AC will cool your room as much as 2 ton ice. Overall, if the size of your room is large, then you have to take an air conditioner of more tonnage, but if the size of the room is small, then you have to take an AC of less tonnage. In this news, we are telling you that depending on the size of the room, how many tons of AC should you buy?
How many ton air conditioner to buy?
- If the size of your room is up to 150 square feet, then 1 ton AC will be enough for you.
- For a room size of 150-250 square feet, 1.5 ton AC will be required.
- For a room size of 250-400 square feet, 2 ton AC will be required.
- For a room size of 400-600 square feet, 3 ton AC will be fine.
- On the other hand, if the size of your room is 600-800 square feet, then you will need 4 ton AC for better cooling.
Let’s also make it clear here that factors like insulation, ceiling height and windows can also affect the cooling capacity required for a room. In such a situation, pay attention to these factors while shopping for AC. You can consult a professional for the exact AC depending on the factor of your room. Typically, cooling capacity is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) per hour, with larger rooms requiring more BTUs.
Also read – Running a fan at number 5 consumes less electricity than at number 2 or 4… Does anything like this happen?